As I had posted before, my grandma Hilda recently moved into Manor Care nursing home. She was beginning to need more and more help with daily tasks. Unfortunately, Grandma Hilda passed away the day after Christmas, December 26. She was surrounded by many of her children and grandchildren. We all miss her dearly. There hasn't been a day yet that has gone by that I haven't thought of her and our fun conversations either over the phone, at her kitchen table or in a booth at the Village Inn. She was not only my grandma but a very close friend that I enjoyed spending lots of my down time with. It was even more exciting over the past year and a half sharing the joy of Willa and more recently Aloysius too with her. I won't forget the smiles Willa would bring to her face each time Matt and I stopped by for a visit with KFC. We love you Grandma! The pictures are from her wake. All 23 of her grandchildren were able to be there (says a lot about how she was viewed by all of her grandchildren) She really was the coolest grandma I have yet to know. The other picture is of my mom with her siblings (Bobbie, Dougie, Roger, Steve, Bev, Colleen, Barb and Nancy) Pat is missing.
Berning Family
November 2014
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Grandma Hilda
As I had posted before, my grandma Hilda recently moved into Manor Care nursing home. She was beginning to need more and more help with daily tasks. Unfortunately, Grandma Hilda passed away the day after Christmas, December 26. She was surrounded by many of her children and grandchildren. We all miss her dearly. There hasn't been a day yet that has gone by that I haven't thought of her and our fun conversations either over the phone, at her kitchen table or in a booth at the Village Inn. She was not only my grandma but a very close friend that I enjoyed spending lots of my down time with. It was even more exciting over the past year and a half sharing the joy of Willa and more recently Aloysius too with her. I won't forget the smiles Willa would bring to her face each time Matt and I stopped by for a visit with KFC. We love you Grandma! The pictures are from her wake. All 23 of her grandchildren were able to be there (says a lot about how she was viewed by all of her grandchildren) She really was the coolest grandma I have yet to know. The other picture is of my mom with her siblings (Bobbie, Dougie, Roger, Steve, Bev, Colleen, Barb and Nancy) Pat is missing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment