The garden has been a lot of fun this summer. I planted lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, green onions, sugar snap peas, potatoes, along with some flowers-cosmos, zinnias, sunflowers, marigolds. Also, pumpkins were planted on accident. Here are some things I learned and will have to remember next year:
1. The plants or seeds need more space. My garden has quickly become very crowded especially with the accidental pumpkin plant.
2. Pumpkins need a whole garden alone to grow.
3. Cucmbers also take up a lot of room.
4. It's not a good idea to take a break from weeding in the garden for a few days. I was doing a really good job of the upkeep early summer and didn't realize you need to do a little each day, otherwise you end up with a whole lot of work.
5. I probably knew this at one time and forgot or at least should have known that the flower is what actually becomes the produce.
As far as harvesting it was been a lot of fun, first was the lettuce and sugar snap peas. Now, its lots of tomatoes and cucumbers. What happened with the accidental pumpkin was Matt tossed our pumpkin from the fall in the garden and sure enough we have a pumpkin plant taking over our garden. It overtook all of my green onions and now my pepper plants. At least we will have pumpkins to carve come October!
Just a picture of some of the harvest I picked today!
A picture of the cucumber and tomatoe salad.
No comments:
Post a Comment